Dr Emmanuel Karantanis
BSc (Med). MBBS (Hons). FRANZCOG. PhD. CU
Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Dr Emmanuel Karantanis is an Obstetrician and Urogynaecologist at the Pelvic Floor Unit, St George Hospital and a Conjoint Associate Professor at UNSW Sydney.
Dr Karantanis’ specialisations and areas of interests include:
- Reproductive System and Disorders Women’s health.
- Childbirth affects pelvic floor, bladder and anal function.
- The factors in child birth affecting these functions are poorly understood.
- Treatments for urinary and fecal incontinence are continually evolving, and need assessment.
- Primarily clinical studies are essential to look at ways to prevent childbirth related pelvic floor injury, and to compare treatments for incontinence and vaginal prolapse.