Maternity Visiting Hours
We have recently updated our visiting hours and restrictions, from 28th June 2022
- Postnatal 4 Visitors per patient per visiting session
- Visiting Session Times: 10am – 12pm and 5pm – 7pm
- Special Care Nursery closed to visitors
- An additional support person to partner in Delivery Suite is permitted (during labour only), must be fully vaccinated and have a RAT (Rapid Antigen Test) on admission
- Visitors aged 5 years and above must be double vaccinated and have their COVID vaccination certificate on presentation
- Siblings of the Newborn ONLY may visit, within the visiting sessions and remain in the patient’s room at all times
- All visitors must wear a mask & remain in the patient’s room at all times
- To ensure the safety of all our patients, visitors are to remain in patient’s room. Visitors found to be in common areas, will be asked to leave the hospital.
To ensure the safety of our patients and staff we ask that you do not attend our hospital;
- if you are suffering from any COVID-19 symptoms
- have tested positive to COVID-19 in the last 7 days
- have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- have returned from overseas in the last 7 days
- are unvaccinated against COVID-19
- visitors under the age of 5 years
For visitors under the age of 12 years (5-11 years) must be double vaccinated against COVID-19 vaccine. Visitors over the age of 12 years must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
As Special Care Nursery babies are vulnerable to infection, it is important to reduce this risk. Hands carry bacteria (germs) on the skin.
Bacteria are found on every surface you touch and can cause an infection in newborn babies, especially sick babies as their defence systems for fighting infection are not fully developed. All visitors are asked to wash their hands on entry to the nursery.
We also request that your partner limits touching/handling of your baby. Unwell babies need as much rest as possible. Over handling can use up precious energy.
Parking and Directions
Hurstville Private Hospital is located at:
37 Gloucester Road,
Hurstville NSW 2220
Hurstville Private provides patients and their loved ones with both paid and free parking.
Paid parking is located directly under the hospital, with access on Millet Street.
Free parking is available in all surrounding streets. Please be aware that street parking directly surrounding the hospital, on Gloucester Road and Ruby Street, is currently marked at 2 hours free parking. These parking bays are closely monitored by council officers.
Hurstville Private is closely located to Hurstville Railway Station and is approximately a 10 minute walk to the hospital.
Regular bus services operate from Hurstville Interchange (Barratt Street Hurstville). You may find it useful to visit www.131500.com.au or to call the Transport Information line on 131500 to plan your trip.
Other Important Information
Slade pharmacy is located on level 1.
Hudsons café is located on ground floor, by the main entrance, with both indoors and outside seating.
Hurstville Private is a smoke free zone. Smoking is not permitted in the building or on hospital grounds.
Mobile phones should be switched off in our Special Care Nursery, as they may interfere with vital medical equipment in use.